Netia convenes ordinary shareholders’ meeting (18/2008)
WARSAW, Poland – April 3, 2008 – Netia SA (“Company” or “Netia”) (WSE: NET), Poland’s largest alternative provider of fixed-line telecommunications services, today announced that the Ordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of the Company is convened for May 7, 2008 (Wednesday) at 12.30 hours CET at the Company’s headquarters in Warsaw at Poleczki 13 St. (the “Meeting”).
For this reason the Company hereby presents:
I. The proposed agenda for the Meeting:
1. Opening the Meeting.
2. Election of the Chairman of the Meeting.
3. Statement that the Meeting has been properly convened and is able to adopt resolutions.
4. Review of the Management Board’s report on Company’s activities for 2007, the stand-alone and consolidated financial statements of the Company for 2007 and the Supervisory Board’s report for 2007.
5. Adoption of resolutions concerning approval of the Management Board’s report on Company’s activities for 2007, the stand-alone and consolidated financial statements of the Company for 2007.
6. Adoption of resolutions concerning the granting of approval of the performance of duties by individual members of the Management Board and the Supervisory Board in 2007.
7. Adoption of a resolution concerning the covering the Company’s loss.
8. Presentation of the key elements of the plan of merging the Company with its wholly-owned subsidiary Świat Internet S.A.
9. Adoption of resolutions concerning the Company’s merger (merger by acquisition) with its wholly-owned subsidiary Świat Internet S.A.
10. Adoption of a resolutions concerning changes to the composition of the Supervisory Board of the Company.
11. Closing the Meeting.
II. Additional information regarding registration of the Shareholders participating in the Meeting on May 7, 2008:
Shareholders who are owners of bearer and registered shares admitted to public trading shall have the right to participate in the Meeting, provided that at least by April 30, 2008, 17.00 CET, i.e one week prior to the Meeting, they deliver to the Company depository certificates issued by the brokerage house keeping such Shareholder’s securities account.
Shareholders who own non-publicly traded bearer shares shall have the right to participate in the Meeting provided that their shares are deposited with the Company at least by April 30, 2008, 17.00 CET, i.e one week prior to the Meeting.
Shareholders may participate in the Meeting and exercise their voting right personally or by proxy. The proxy shall be in writing on pain of being invalid.
The list of Shareholders authorized to participate in the Meeting shall be displayed at the Company’s offices from May 2, 2008, i.e. three working days prior to the Meeting.
Simultaneously we point out the rule IV.3 of the Code of Best Practice for WSE Listed Companies which provide that any shareholder who motions for the inclusion of an issue on the agenda of the General Meeting, including a motion to take an issue off the agenda, should provide ground enabling an informed decision on the resolution.